Thursday 19 February 2009

¡SUPERSTAR WITH BITE!

Now Reb is back on the farm - dazzled but not seduced by Ghent´s Earthly Delights - I may safely leave the minutia of life hereabouts to her blog and revert to more gravid topics in mine.
Read Ms Robert´s closing comments carefully. Couldn´t have put it more clearly myself.

Moreover: ¿What right has she to twice as many teeth as the rest of us? ¿Where did she get them? I think we should be told.


Julia Roberts "sounds off on men, money, and being over being America's Sweetheart" in Allure's March 2009 issue.

Julia Roberts has kept a relatively low profile since she married cameraman Danny Moder in 2002. Instead of making movies, the popular actress put her career on the back burner to focus on being a mom to her three children: 4-year-old twins Hazel and Finn, and Henry, who is almost 2. In Allure magazine's March 2009 issue, Roberts talks openly(!) about motherhood, men, money, and the fact that she's over being called "America's Sweetheart." That doesn't mean she doesn't like being a star. In fact, she kind of enjoys it ... until her kids become a target.

"I think it should be against the law to take a picture of a celebritys(sic) child," notes Julia. "And all the, like, 'Who's got the cutest baby?' I had to restore my faith in people when, one night, I was on the computer, and I ended up stumbling upon some pictures I had never seen of my children playing at a park. What upset me was all these comments like, 'One is cute; that other one sure is ugly.'" People can be so mean!"

Despite this downside of celebrity
, the 41-year-old actress, who says she is "very fulfilled" in her home life, is ready to return to the spotlight. "A lot of the mom struggle in life is that everything happens within the four walls of the home, and it can lose its luster a little bit, maybe," she admits. "You just have to bring it in from the outside sometimes."

TODAY´S THOUGHT
I'll dispose of my teeth as I see fit, and after they've gone, I'll get along. I started off living on gruel, and by God, I can always go back to it again.
S. J. Perelman

No comments: