Sunday 18 January 2009

Shock! Horror! God at the Wheel!

Here´s a story from the BBC today. It needs no comment, I think.

Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus
A Christian bus driver has refused to drive a bus with an atheist slogan proclaiming "There's probably no God".
Ron Heather, from Southampton, Hampshire, responded with "shock" and "horror" at the message and walked out of his shift on Saturday in protest.
First Bus said it would do everything in its power to ensure Mr Heather does not have to drive the buses.
Buses across Britain started displaying atheist messages in an advertising campaign launched earlier this month.
Mr Heather told BBC Radio Solent: "I was just about to board and there it was staring me in the face, my first reaction was shock horror.
"I felt that I could not drive that bus, I told my managers and they said they haven't got another one and I thought I better go home, so I did.
Mr Heather said he was shocked at the "starkness" of the advert
"I think it was the starkness of this advert which implied there was no God.


TODAY´S THOUGHT
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin

No comments: