Friday 19 October 2012

Bear with me...

(Don't you just hate that expression?) Until I can get my proper computer back, I'm struggling here. can't get any spacing in. But am determined to struggle on daily. Things will improve. And the prognostico says it will stop raining at lunch time. Found a very interesting old movie in YouTube yesterday: "Pygmalion" starring Leslie Howard. Fascinating for film buffs for two reasons: It was clearly used almost word for word, and scene for scene as the screenplay for "My Fair Lady," and is beautifully directed. Howard gets the credit as Director, but I suspect the key to the film's excellent quality lies hidden among the secondary credits: Film Editor: David Lean.

2 comments:

FrereRabit said...

Raining here in the Costa Blanca too, Paddy, and very welcome it is! The last week has seen the first proper rain since June. Animal feed is now running out all over Spain due to shortage of rain. Forage for the donkeys is hard to get. Welcome the rain.

Patrick O'Gara said...

Oh, yes the rain here was very welcome too, Rabit. Saves me watering the geraniums, for one thing, and the local reservoir was very low..
But it makes a fearful mess. The dogs all look as if they've been dipped in, well - let's say chocolate.